March 2022 is around the corner and you’re probably planning your content for your social media platforms. If you already have all your content planned but you’re missing a few dates and need ideas on what to do, this is the post for you!
March content can be great, Spring is nearly here and it’s an amazing season for inspiration. See my March content calendar on my Instagram page here.
March Content Ideas
Pancake Day (March 1st)
Pancake day, also known as Shrove Tuesday is always 47 days before Easter Sunday, so the date varies from year to year. Traditionally, this day was the last day Christians would eat eggs and fats before the start of the Lenten fast on Ash Wednesday. This is why it became Pancake day! It was the best way to use up these ingredients.
- Share your favourite pancake recipe on your Instagram stories.
- Go to a cafe for some yummy Pancakes and share them with your followers!
Employee appreciation day (March 4th)
This day is celebrated on the first Friday of March so employers of all industries can give thanks to their employees.
- Use this day to share your employees or co-workers hard work on an Instagram carousel.
- Write a blog post appreciating your employees and their great work!
International Women’s Day (March 8th)
The 8th of March is the day we celebrate the historical, political, cultural and socioeconomic achievements of women.
- Share the women you look up to with your followers.
- Post lovely graphics from Pinterest on your stories (always tag the creator if you can).
BAFTA’S (March 13th)
The British Academy of Film Awards is the UK’s biggest film award celebration. They honour the best British and international contributions to film.
- Share your top best-dressed picks from the event on stories, and have your followers vote if they like them or not.
- Post a recap of the awards on your Instagram stories.
St Patricks Day (March 17th)
The Feast of Saint Patrick is a cultural and religious day that celebrates Irish culture.
- Use green on this day! Post all your content with the colour.
- This is the best day to post a giveaway for your followers.
International Day Of Happiness (March 20th)
Established in 2012, this day aims to make people think about the importance of being happy in life! Well-being matters so much and it’s essential that it’s given a greater priority.
- Good vibes only! Post something that makes you happy.
- Share your favourite inspirational quotes.
Spring Equinox (March 20th)
The Spring Equinox represents balance and new beginnings. Each culture celebrates it in a different and special way.
- First day of Spring! Share flowery content.
- Post fresh and beautiful content inspired by nature.
World Poetry Day (March 21st)
World Poetry Day celebrates one of the best forms of cultural and linguistic expression. Supported by UNESCO in 1999, “With the aim of supporting linguistic diversity through poetic expression and increasing the opportunity for endangered languages to be heard”.
- If you’re feeling inspired, write a poem for your followers! If not, share your favourite poem from another author.
Theatre Day (March 27th)
This day was started in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute. It raises the importance of theatre arts.
- This is the perfect day to go to the theatre! Share where you’re going with your followers and support the arts.
Oscars (March 27th)
The 94th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a well-known event. It’s a great opportunity for sharing content!
- Play this or that on your stories! Who do your followers think is going to get each award?
Follow The Content Garden on socials!
There are other dates you can use for your March content (as countries have a lot of different holidays) In the post below you can see some more! 👇